How does a contractor become registered with the Village?

For contractors: to become registered with the Village, complete our Contractor License Application Form. Depending on the type of service provided, contractors must present a valid state license, provide an original bond (no emails or faxes will be accepted), a Certificate of Insurance with the Village of Schiller Park, 4501 N 25th  Ave, Schiller Park, IL 60176 as the certificate holder, as well as pay a fee. Please contact the Building and Safety Division at 847-671-8555 for more information. The registration is valid from May 1st to April 20th and must be renewed annually.

Show All Answers

1. Does the Building and Safety Division recommend contractors?
2. Does the Village have a grant program for installing flood prevention devices?
3. How do I check on the status of a building permit application?
4. How do I obtain a building permit?
5. How does a contractor become registered with the Village?
6. How long is the permit process?
7. Does ComEd Provide Any Guidance on Installing Electrical Service?
8. I found a violation notice on my door knob from Community Development. What should I do now?
9. I live in an apartment, and I am unhappy with my landlord. What can I do?
10. I am doing the work myself. Do I still need a permit?
11. My neighbor is causing a nuisance. How can I file an anonymous report?
12. What do I do when my project is complete?
13. When are permits required?
14. When do I need building permit inspections, and who do I call?
15. Why should I get a permit?