What is the Zoning, Planning, and Appeals (ZPA) Commission?

The Zoning, Planning, and Appeals (ZPA) Commission holds public hearings for Variances, Planned Unit Developments, Text Amendments, Subdivisions, Amendments to the Comprehensive Plan, and other land use issues. The ZPA meets the second Wednesday of each month at 7 p.m. on the 2nd floor of Village Hall at 9526 Irving Park Road. When considering a request, the ZPA considers its standards as outlined in the Village Code, the Comprehensive Plan, the petitioner’s proposal, public input, and then makes a recommendation to the Board of Trustees.

For more information about the Zoning Review Process, please visit our Zoning Review Page.

Show All Answers

1. Can I run a business out of my house?
2. How do I determine zoning on a property?
3. How do I find out if my property is in a flood plain or flood zone?
4. I received a letter about a public hearing at Village Hall. Why did I receive it?
5. How do I obtain a plat of survey of my property?
6. I wish to open a business. Do I need a business license?
7. What is a Comprehensive Plan?
8. What is the Zoning, Planning, and Appeals (ZPA) Commission?
9. What land uses and types of buildings are allowed on a specific property?