Beginning with the 2021-2022 winter season the Village’s new parking restrictions during snow events will take effect.
The major change comes in the form of the minimum snowfall to enact or “trigger” the parking restrictions – that minimum is changing from three (3) inches to one (1) inch.
The Public Works Department has requested this change to increase the effectiveness of our snow plowing operations. Keeping the Village’s minimum threshold to begin operations at three inches causes extended delays in the completion of operations, as the increased amount of snow slows the ability of our plow trucks. Lowering the minimum threshold to one inch will allow our drivers to more efficiently get snow off of the streets, allowing for a quicker return to street parking. New Parking Signs have been placed on the streets around town to help residents understand the status of their streets.
After one inch of snowfall has accumulated, the following restrictions shall become effective:
A. Except for the locations listed in sections B and C, no person shall park a motor vehicle on a Village street until the snow has been fully removed from the entire street from curb to curb. If your street is not listed below you are not permitted to park on the street until your street has been fully plowed. This impacts a lot of the streets in town so please carefully review the lists below.
B. On the following streets, you may only park a motor vehicle on the odd numbered side of the street between 9:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m., and on the even numbered side of the street between 9:00 p.m. and 9:00 a.m. (See Link to Section B Maps -- Here (Florence, River, Harold, Michigan, Forster, Linn, and South) -- Here (Ivanhoe Place & Wehman Court)-- and Here (Prairie & Grace).
• Florence Avenue – From Harold Avenue to Forster Avenue
• Forster Avenue – From Lawrence Avenue to Foster Avenue
• Grace Street – From Irving Park Road to Cullom Street
• Harold Avenue – From Michigan Avenue to Florence Avenue
• Ivanhoe Court – From Ivanhoe Avenue to the end of the right-of-way
• Linn Avenue – From Harold Avenue to Forster Avenue
• Linn Avenue – From the tollway (I-294) to Ruby Street
• Michigan Avenue – From Lawrence Avenue to Foster Avenue
• Prairie Avenue – From Soreng Avenue to Irving Park Road
• River Street – From the tollway (I-294) to 9601 West River Street
• South Avenue – From the Tollway (I-294) to Ruby Street
• Wehrman Place – From Ivanhoe Court to Wehrman Avenue
C. The following streets are fully exempt from the parking restrictions detailed above (See Link to Map Here):
• Emerson Drive – Both sides of the street, from Soreng Avenue to the alley that runs east from Emerson Drive.
• Garden Court – Both sides of the street, from Emerson Drive to 25th Avenue.
• Soreng Avenue – Both sides of the street, from Emerson Drive to 25th Avenue.
Please use the links to maps above for a visual representation of the exempt/partially exempt areas. Section B is represented by blue street areas, and section C is represented by red street areas. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Village at (847) 678-2550.